Friday, October 31, 2008

Alice in Wonderland


This is the first time I've ever read Alice in Wonderland. In fact, I'm not sure if I've ever even seen the movie all the way through. The funny thing is though, even without ever having read the book or seen the movie, I could have told someone the entire story. How or why I know the story, I'm not sure, but I feel safe guessing it has to do with the fact that everyone knows the story and eventually I would have to hear it. Alice in Wonderland is one of those stories that is so popular it's hard to remember when or where you first heard it. Like knowing that boiling water will you burn you. I don't remember ever learning such a thing, but I know I've known it since I can remember. So my knowledge of Alice in Wonderland is very similar to my knowledge of burning water.

No comments: